You are here
Tulip Tours Holland Amsterdam
Experience the magnificent Netherlands during this 8-day bike ride trip: Tulip Tours Holland perhaps also known by you as Tulip Tours Amsterdam.
The impressive capital Amsterdam, the historic cities Haarlem, Leiden, Gouda and the modern Rotterdam.
The unique Amsterdam canals, the colorful beauty of the Dutch tulipfields, the mills, the typical Dutch clogs, and not to mention the delicious Dutch cheese. You will get the opportunity to see Rotterdam, the biggest seaport, in Europe. Or you will visit the beautiful museums and/or the biggest and most luxurious castle of the Netherlands.
A visit to the Keukenhof in Lisse may of course not miss in your Tulip Tours Holland. In addition is the unique bike ride through de Dutch tulip fields an experience you will never forget. On your bike you will discover the Zaanse Schans and the Kinderdijk. This last mentioned is on the World Heritage list of the Unesco because of the unique area ánd of course because of the mills.
Aboard ship Josefien you will be introduced to the modern Dutch kitchen and you will eat delicious mainly organic, fair-trade and regional food.
Enjoy the overwhelming beauty of the tulips of Holland and all the other unique and typical Dutch sights on your Tulip Tours Amsterdam
- arrival in Amsterdam
- checking in, meeting other guests and crew, dinner
- optional: short bike ride to Zaandam or walk to Zaanse Huisjes
Saturday: Zaandam and Haarlem
- visit to the mills at the open-air museum the Zaanse Schans
- visit to a cheese farm or a typical Dutch clog factory with the largest clog store in the Netherlands
- bike ride via Spaarndam to Haarlem
- visit of various museums in Haarlem or
- walk through 'the courtyards' or go shopping in 'the golden streets' of Haarlem
- dinner and overnight stay on board in the centre of Haarlem
Sunday: Lisse and Leiden
- bike ride to 'De Keukenhof’ in Lisse
- bike ride through the tulip fields to Leiden
- optional: a longer bike ride (28 kilometres) along the North Sea to Katwijk.
- visit to Leiden: with the walking route 'The Leidse Loper'
- you dine and spend the night aboard ship Josefien in the city centre of Leiden
Monday: Den Haag
- bike ride to political capital: Den Haag
- visit to museum Panorama Mesdag
- eat a herring in Scheveningen
- Delft: visit to the potteryfactory and see the famous pottery: Delft Blue
- in the Leuvehaven in Rotterdam you dine and stay overnight
- Josefien stays this day in Rotterdam: you can spend this day entirely according to your own preferences
- visit to the Markthal and/or the Erasmus Bridge
- visit to the largest seaport in the whole of Europe: Rotterdam
- sightseeing Rotterdam by foot, by bike or take a cruise
- visit the mills of Kinderdijk by taking The Waterbus
- you dine and stay overnight in the Leuvehaven in Rotterdam
- taste Gouda's cheese and syrup waffles and check out Gouda's candles
- visit to Gouda's historic city centre
- bike ride to Uithoorn through the 'Green Heart' via the fortified city of Woerden.
- optional :visit the largest and most luxurious castle in the Netherlands in Haarzuilens
- you spend the night near the Fort in Uithoorn, part of Unesco World Heritage 'De stelling van Amsterdam'
- spectacular sailing trip straight through the centre of Amsterdam
- visit to Amsterdam
- time to say goodbye to fellow guests and the crew
- you've very much enjoyed your wunderfull Tulip Tours Holland with Josefien!
A group of our guests say:
Day 1: Amsterdam – Zaandam
At 14:00 you are coming aboard in Amsterdam, where you will meet the other guests and the crew while enjoying a welcome drink. At 15:00 the ship sails to Zaandam where a first short bike ride can be made. Or you can take a walk to watch the famous Zaanse Huisjes.
You dine and stay overnight on board in Zaandam.
Day 2: Zaandam – Zaanse Schans – Spaarndam – Haarlem
After breakfast you will visit the large open-air museum the Zaanse Schans where you can see several mills. You can visit a cheese farm or a typical Dutch clog factory with the largest clog store in the Netherlands. After this you will make a nice bike ride of about 20 kilometres via Spaarndam to Haarlem. In Haarlem you can visit various museums, walk through 'the courtyards' or go shopping in 'the golden streets'.
You dine and stay overnight on board in the centre of Haarlem.
Day 3: Haarlem – Lisse Keukenhof – Katwijk – Leiden
While you enjoy your breakfast, Josefien is sailing to Lisse. You cycle to the famous ‘De Keukenhof’ where you can admire more than 7 million spring flowers such as tulips, daffodils and hyacinths. Then you cycle through the tulip fields to Leiden. If you want to take a longer bike ride (28 kilometres) you can choose a route along the North Sea and visit the seaside resort of Katwijk.
Leiden is a historic town with the oldest university in the Netherlands and it is the birthplace of old masters such as Rembrandt and Jan Steen. The 'Leidse Loper' walking route guides you along the most beautiful places of historic Leiden.
You dine and spend the night aboard ship Josefien in the city centre of Leiden.
Day 4: Leiden – Den Haag – Delft – Rotterdam
Josefien sails out of Leiden during breakfast. In Voorburg you can get on your bike to go to the political capital of the Netherlands: Den Haag. There you can visit the museum Panorama Mesdag or eat a herring in the seaside resort and old fishing village Scheveningen.
You will then cycle to Delft: the city of the world famous blue-white pottery that has been produced there since the 17th century: Delft Blue. You can visit a potteryfactory to see how the ceramics are crafted in the traditional way. Your bike tour ends in Rotterdam.
Josefien moors near the centre and the Erasmus bridge in the Leuvehaven. You dine and stay overnight in this picturesque museum harbour.
Day 5: Rotterdam – seaport Rotterdam – Kinderdijk – Rotterdam
Josefien stays this day in Rotterdam.
You can spend this day entirely according to your own preferences. Rotterdam is known for its modern architecture such as for example the Markthal and the Erasmus Bridge. In addition, Rotterdam has the largest seaport in the whole of Europe. You can discover the city by foot or by bike or, for example, take a cruise. A visit to the mills of Kinderdijk is very easy by taking The Waterbus. This sails you, with or without your bike, in half an hour from Rotterdam to Kinderdijk.
You dine and stay overnight in the Leuvehaven in Rotterdam.
Day 6: Rotterdam – Gouda – Woerden – Haarzuilens – Uithoorn
During breakfast, Josefien sails you in a nice trip to Gouda.
Gouda is known for its cheese, syrup waffles and candles and has a beautiful historic city centre that is surely worth a visit. From Gouda you cycle to Uithoorn through the 'Green Heart' via the fortified city of Woerden. If you want to cycle longer today, you can even visit the largest and most luxurious castle in the Netherlands in Haarzuilens.
You spend the night near the Fort in Uithoorn, part of Unesco World Heritage 'De stelling van Amsterdam'.
Day 7: Uithoorn – Amsterdam
optional 25 kilometres
After breakfast we loosen the anchors and via the Amstel Josefien sails straight through the centre of Amsterdam. During this spectacular sailing trip numerous bridges will be opened for us. Of course you can go by bike to Amsterdam if you want to. In the afternoon you have plenty of time to visit Amsterdam.
Day 8: Amsterdam
After breakfast it is time to say goodbye to your fellow guests and the crew. You will be happy to have had this wonderful Tulip Tours Holland with Josefien!
One of our guests says:
- use of bikes with gears of Ship Josefien
- breakfast and dinner
- lunch pack for on the way
- coffee and tea
- detailed route description for cycling
- daily preliminary talk to the route options
- wifi internet