- July 9 – July 16, 2023 -Fully booked-
- July 19 – July 26, 2023 -Fully booked-
- August 9 – August 16, 2023
The Wadden Sea was declared a Unesco World Heritage Site in 2009. This is because of the unique habitat for more than 10,000 rare plant and animal species. The area has 5 inhabited islands, several of which will be visited during this trip. Experience the Wad while sailing and experience the unforgettable dry land.
Experience the unique charm of the Wadden Sea
Program of the trip
The Wadden Sea is dynamic. The Wadden Sea can be mirror-smooth, but storms can also rage from time to time. There are also strong currents in the channels between the sandbanks, due to the influence of low and high tide. We have to take this into account when planning the trip, but this is the charm of the Wadden Sea. The trip is adjusted to the weather and tide just before departure, and the trip is always discussed in advance with all participants.
Weather and tide permitting, Josefien will go dry land during this trip. The ship will then be moored on a sandbank after high tide. The water will flow away with the low tide and the ship will lie completely dry on the seabed. You can disembark to take a walk on the bottom of the Wadden Sea, a unique experience, which is almost impossible anywhere in the world. With the tide, the water returns and the ship will begin to float again, then sail away again.
You can book this trip for €1,125 per person based on 2 persons per cabin. This includes 9% VAT and tourist tax. For this price, you will get:
- A comfortable double cabin with private shower and toilet
- Beds made, towels, shampoo, soap, and bottles of water
- A luxurious breakfast and lunch (takeaway package for on the road)
- A delicious 3-course dinner every evening
- A quality bicycle from ship Josefien
- Unlimited coffee, tea, and chilled water on board
- Detailed descriptions of the bike routes, available both on paper and digitally
- Use of a bicycle bag, helmet, safety vest, and phone holder
- A Wadden excursion, a course on ‘Navigating the Wadden Sea,’ and a Knots course
- E-bike rental from the Josefien for € 185,- (limited number of e-bikes available)
- Unlimited drinks from the ship’s bar for € 250,-
- Parking for your own bike for € 25,- (your bike will be securely stored on board, but please note that places are limited!)
- Parking and charging for your own e-bike for € 35,- (your e-bike will be securely stored on board and can be charged on board, but please note that places are limited!)
- Mini fridge for your cabin, with a capacity of 6 liters, € 5,- per day.
- Cancellation insurance, 6% of the base price. You can cancel up to departure and receive a refund, except for the cost of the cancellation insurance.
- Single supplement: if you book a double cabin for yourself, you will be charged a supplement of 35% of the base price.
The prices listed above are also the actual prices on your invoice. There will be no additional hidden costs. We like transparent and fair prices, so you know where you stand.